Katherine will guide you through a logical and creative process to paint realistic or abstract watercolors.
Katherine also teaches graphite, color pencil, Sumi-e, and pen and ink, with logical and creative methods to suit your goals.
Explore embroidery, quilting, mono-printing, cyanotype, silk paper fusion, dyes, beading, singly or in combination.
Embrace the Design Elements and Principles, including the qualities of color, for all your artistic expressions.
Learn Art Assessment and become empowered to “critique” your own work and works-in-progress, using an intuitive, positive Process.
Katherine schedules her classes to fit your choice of days and hours.
Teaching Fees at Colwell Cedars for 1 to 5 students
• $30 per hour; or,
• $65 for a 3-hour session.
Multi-day classes for 3 to 5 students:
($100 deposit per student required for multi-day classes)
• 12-hours teaching time. $250 per student.
Two consecutive 6-hour days, or three consecutive 4-hour days.
• 18-hours teaching time. $325 per student.
Four consecutive 6-hour days.
Judging and Jurying
• Since 1989, Katherine has judged and juried art exhibits, from small rural county fairs to multi-media national exhibits. Please inquire about availability for your schedule.
Your tour of Katherine's studio-gallery will inspire you to work with her in context of your own creative aspirations.
You are not alone in your search for creative inspiration and techniques.
When you are here your personalized art experiences will awaken your senses and help you on your way to achieve your artistic goals.
Katherine works with students ages 8 to 80+, novice to professional, individually or in small groups, guiding students’ learning in relation to their own artistic or other goals.
Every art process will be filled with Aha! moments you will take to heart and take home.
• Upon receipt of the fee or deposit, students are sent a list of questions so Katherine can learn about students’ goals and current skills and knowledge. Katherine is then able to design the class specifically for the students’ needs.
• Katherine has three lectures-presentations available for your groups’ meetings-programs, and can design others based on the aspect of her work and experience you are interested in. Lecture fee is $100 for up to two hours.
* Connecting Threads Lecture: Art and needlework from traditional to contemporary.
* Red White and Blue in Three Dimensions Presentation: A 22 ft-long artistic journey.
* Artwork Assessment Process Inter-Active Presentation: Discovering How Intuition and Logic Enhance Artistic Success.