Katherine will guide you through a logical and creative process to paint realistic or abstract watercolors.
Katherine also teaches graphite, color pencil, Sumi-e, and pen and ink, with logical and creative methods to suit your goals.
Explore embroidery, quilting, mono-printing, cyanotype, silk paper fusion, dyes, beading, singly or in combination.
Embrace the Design Elements and Principles, including the qualities of color, for all your artistic expressions.
Learn Art Assessment and become empowered to “critique” your own work and works-in-progress, using an intuitive, positive Process.
Katherine schedules her teaching and mentoring to fit your choice of days and hours.
Teaching Fees are $30 per 90-minute session, for 1 or 2 students.
Judging and Jurying. Since 1989, Katherine has judged and juried art exhibits, from small rural county fairs to multi-media national exhibits. Please inquire about availability for your schedule.
Katherine works with students ages 9 to 90, novice to professional; individually, or pairs (for ex: parent and child/teen; uncle and nephew; siblings; or friends). Her focus is students’ learning in relation to their own artistic or other goals.
You are not alone in your search for creative inspiration and techniques. When you are here your personalized art experiences will awaken your senses and help you on your way to achieve your artistic goals. Every art process will be filled with Aha! moments you will take to heart and home.
• Upon registration, you will be sent a short list of questions so Katherine can learn about your goals and current skills and knowledge. She is then able to design your class specifically for your needs.
• In addition, Katherine has three lectures-presentations available for your groups’ meetings-programs, and can design others based on the aspect of her work and experience you are interested in. Lecture fee is $100 for up to two hours.
* Connecting Threads Lecture: Art and needlework from traditional to contemporary.
* Red White and Blue in Three Dimensions Presentation: A 22 ft-long artistic journey.
* Artwork Assessment Process Inter-Active Presentation: Discovering How Intuition and Logic Enhance Artistic Success.