Rivendell Retreat is both a location and a state of mind.
Lodging. Meeting & Classroom Facility. Nature and Art Classes.
Perched at 6300 feet elevation
on the edge of Redlands Mesa,
near Hotchkiss, Colorado—–established to
merge awareness, creativity and nature.
Enjoy the “White Blooms of April & May” in the small gallery below.
And you can stroll through a few of our “Walks”:
Wild Roses through the Seasons
February Wandering Walk
Bird Count December 25, 2012
Deer Watching Through The Years
OMG I’ve Got Lines’ Disease
Finding Epipactis Orchids
Our forty acre Western Colorado Retreat includes:
— lodging options
— modern log classroom-meeting facility
— 4 miles of hiking trails
— art gallery and studio
— Experience a personal retreat.
— Study art and the environment.
— Come with family and friends.
— Rent Taniquetil Lodge Meeting Facility for your business meeting or retreat, or for classes or workshops you teach.
With its serene, secluded setting, Rivendell Retreat offers:
- an open & inviting modern log building perfect for classes, workshops, conferences, meetings, family gatherings, and retreats
- flexible meal and sleeping arrangements
- a respite from everyday pressures
- a satisfying melange of 1930′s homestead remains and modern conveniences
- breath-taking views of the West Elks Wilderness, San Juans, and Grand Mesa
- a variety of constantly changing habitats to observe wildlife
- more than four miles of trails to explore over our 40 acres
- incredible photo & painting opportunities throughout the seasons
- central location for exploring all that Delta County has to offer
- wireless internet access
- very reasonable rates to accommodate your needs, with discounts for non-profits
Here are white April and May blooms at Rivendell — Click on any photo for larger image and blooming trivia!
Come share the Rivendell experience. You will find opportunities to increase awareness, creativity, and self-discovery – to relax and rejuvenate, and interact with nature and wildlife.
Our mission is to encourage a sense of Wonder — to evoke contagious enthusiasm for life-long learning, and to instill creativity and respect for others and nature.
Rivendell is secluded and welcoming — a place to find quiet peace with nature and self, among forests, streams, and wildlife.